This is for you, Bart!

This blog, and the adventure it describes, are dedicated to my friend, co-worker and fellow adventure lover, Bart.
Bart would prefer to be riding his Moto Guzzi down a scenic road,
but unfortunately he is limited by health issues.


My hat (helmet) is off to you, my friend, and I hope you will get some enjoyment from
reading about my little adventure until you are well enough to get back to planning your own.

Cheers,
Rick.
============================================================================================================

comments

Life is either a daring adventure or nothing.
Security does not exist in nature, nor do the children of men as a whole experience it.

- Helen Keller

The woods are lovely, dark, and deep,
but I have promises to keep,
and miles to go before I sleep.

- Robert Frost

================================================================================

Tuesday, April 29, 2014

On the road again

Well, I finally got my lazy self out of San Diego.
I am headed toward Death Valley and made it as far as the Mojave Desert.
Baker CA, to be more precise.
You haven't heard of Baker?
A population of over 700, and of course the home of the World's Tallest thermometer!

I waited too long to start arranging a campground, so I'm staying in another motel tonight.
It's the "Wills Fargo Motel", and it's the finest motel in Baker.
















It's also the only motel in Baker.
And I just happen to be the only guest in the only motel in Baker!
Wait - a van just pulled up. So there are two of us.
Notice that tower behind the motel sign in the distance......  Yes, you guessed it.
It's the World's Tallest Thermometer.
Too bad it isn't working any more.

I passed through mile after mile of southern California desert today before getting to the Mojave.



No comments:

Post a Comment