This is for you, Bart!

This blog, and the adventure it describes, are dedicated to my friend, co-worker and fellow adventure lover, Bart.
Bart would prefer to be riding his Moto Guzzi down a scenic road,
but unfortunately he is limited by health issues.


My hat (helmet) is off to you, my friend, and I hope you will get some enjoyment from
reading about my little adventure until you are well enough to get back to planning your own.

Cheers,
Rick.
============================================================================================================

comments

Life is either a daring adventure or nothing.
Security does not exist in nature, nor do the children of men as a whole experience it.

- Helen Keller

The woods are lovely, dark, and deep,
but I have promises to keep,
and miles to go before I sleep.

- Robert Frost

================================================================================

Monday, April 14, 2014

Clearing the slate

From now until time to leave, I'll be able to concentrate on trip preparation.
The last month has been spent mostly in my shop with the latest project.

Rumor has it I'll be a grandpa again in late June :-) , and the new little guy is going to need a place to sleep.
So I volunteered to build another crib and dresser/changing table.
This one is in red oak and will get a mahogany stain.
Now, I'm at a point I can put it on hold and pick up with the staining and finishing when I get back.


That's the second stage in the background - when it becomes a toddler bed.
I still have to make the rails for the full size conversion, as well as the dresser.

2 comments: