This is for you, Bart!

This blog, and the adventure it describes, are dedicated to my friend, co-worker and fellow adventure lover, Bart.
Bart would prefer to be riding his Moto Guzzi down a scenic road,
but unfortunately he is limited by health issues.


My hat (helmet) is off to you, my friend, and I hope you will get some enjoyment from
reading about my little adventure until you are well enough to get back to planning your own.

Cheers,
Rick.
============================================================================================================

comments

Life is either a daring adventure or nothing.
Security does not exist in nature, nor do the children of men as a whole experience it.

- Helen Keller

The woods are lovely, dark, and deep,
but I have promises to keep,
and miles to go before I sleep.

- Robert Frost

================================================================================

Monday, April 14, 2014

Big Plans

This trip begins by riding to Jacksonville Beach, FL, and getting some sleep before the big ride. I plan to get up early Saturday morning, Apr 26 and start a "50CC" (50 hours Coast-to-Coast).




After resting up in San Diego, I can finally start enjoying my vacation.  :-)
I want to head into the Mojave Desert and Death Valley for a couple days of sightseeing and camping.
After riding through Utah and Nevada, I'll arrive in Oregon and begin a southbound tour of the Pacific Coast Highway, hoping to spend some time among the redwoods.
Somewhere around Monterey, I'll head east toward the desert parks in Utah and Colorado, and if the weather cooperates, a trip up Pikes Peak and then back home before Memorial Day, May 26.

2 comments:

  1. I will be keeping an eye on your trip.Let me know where you will be coming across AZ at and I will try to meet with you even if it is just long enough to have a cup of coffee and say hi.
    Take care and ride safe........................John Sherwood

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds like fun, John. I hope we can get together! If all goes well, I'll be coming through on I-8 on Sunday afternoon.
    Rick.

    ReplyDelete